12 Ocak 2014

Arcane Sun 1996 Eden Eclipsed (Demo)

Arcane Sun

Eden Eclipsed (Demo)


1996 Ars Metalli

01 I Was Alive Then...
02 Your Name
03 The Promise (A Culmination In Sorrow)


I WAS ALIVE THEN...

In the breast of the sky,
I saw them gathered in flight,
Casting down their [enveloping aura]

As leaves would fall,
It touched my every pore

The kindest words of echonian tongue
No longer fell on deaf ears
And I could feel their joy
As it carried me into the clouds

I was alive then...

And for six days and six nights
I was as they were...
I too spoke in echonian tongue
And sang the songs of Byzantium

As Midas had with touch,
I was granted with vision
As a gold world
Embraced me and kissed my soul

I was alive then...


YOUR NAME

Though I've called your name a thousand times
My words are blown back into my face
The wind makes my skin harder still

The clouds race by [over-head]
And I fight to remain standing,
The signs of endless journeys
Show in my weakened stance
I wish for the ground to open
I have been around the world and back

I have re-lived every memory,
Re-dreamt every dream and felt every touch [again]

Still the clouds will race,
The wind will cut and soon I shall fall

Then the dust will form a word, that shall be my tomb
Never to be whetted by the tears of mourning

Still the clouds will race,
The wind will cut and soon I shall fall

Because I was lost long ago,
[In a colder world] and lost you forever


THE PROMISE (A CULMINATION IN SORROW)

In a pool of tears that are my own
I am sitting still crying

So many years and still no sign
So many years I am waiting

[You promised me you would remember me
But now as the sun sets once more,
I think you have forgotten me]

[I cling helplessly
To your image built inside my mind]

My eyes have seen and also shed
The tears for a promise,
The promise you never kept

Hiç yorum yok: