12 Ocak 2014

Arcane Sun 1998 Arcane Sun

Arcane Sun

Arcane Sun


1998 Ars Metalli

01 Canto I (The Search)
02 I Was Alive Then...
03 Sundrenched (Beneath The Very Skies We Sought)
04 Avatar
05 We Stood With Time
06 Your Name
07 Canto II (Arrival, And Submergence)
08 And The Waters Were Like Wine
09 Longing For Eden's Rain (And Winter's End)
10 Promised (So Many Years Have Passed)


CANTO I (THE SEARCH)

Many seasons have passed
Since first my search began,
With each night came a quest
To escape from a world
Where I could find no peace, only despair

Each night brought a sense of hope
And each day, despair...

Some nights I would catch a glimpse
That would soon disappear
Among a myriad of thoughts and images
But still I would wade through
And seek what I knew
Was waiting to welcome me

Elysium to Greece,
Byzantium to Yates

My lust will not die,
My soul will not live
Few brief glimpses
Had strengthened my desire

Few brief glimpses
Had strenghtened my desire
And the lust for my own Paradise
Gave strength to my withering soul


I WAS ALIVE THEN...

In the breast of the sky,
I saw them gathered in flight,
Casting down their [enveloping aura]

As leaves would fall,
It touched my every pore

The kindest words of echonian tongue
No longer fell on deaf ears
And I could feel their joy
As it carried me into the clouds

I was alive then...

And for six days and six nights
I was as they were...
I too spoke in echonian tongue
And sang the songs of Byzantium

As Midas had with touch,
I was granted with vision
As a gold world
Embraced me and kissed my soul

I was alive then...


SUNDRENCHED (BENEATH THE VERY SKIES WE SOUGHT)

A season died,
No tears were shed
My eyes turned gold
There was fire in the sky

We were sundrenched!

My world turned green
And breathed as a new-born
My eyes turned gold
There was fire in the sky

We were sundrenched!


AVATAR

[Chantress, she who within the magic
Of the ivory can act as a siren to the angels
You hold within your very eyes an eclipse
And with you also comes a sun,
Whose arcane light can destroy all in its path]

It is not really so [I have told myself]
But to a man whose own reflection is threatening
Such rational words fall forever on deaf ears

And yes, I know, you hold Eden
And your golden aura
That I have held in my hands

Eden, Eden...

[Will take me to other worlds
Where the fruits of Eden are life itself
And as love itself seeks our nectar]

To read your next chapter
Is all I have wished for
But a blank page
Will enlighten no man

And yes, I know, you hold Eden
And your golden aura
That I have touched with my hands

WE STOOD WITH TIME

And love itself sought our nectar
And time itself stood still
No man before had tasted the fruits
Of such immortality
And when your hands
Touched my face
Time itself kissed my soul
And our souls fell,
As angels had wings
We had grace below us

We became no man,
No love would escape our sun

And where once an arcane cage gripped me
My soul, now I could swim
Free in the oceans of time

[I too have embraced a new day
As a new life only to find that complacency can
Life creeping behind and closing my eyes
To a world that wished to embrace me
And kiss my very soul]


YOUR NAME

Though I've called your name a thousand times
My words are blown back into my face
The wind makes my skin harder still

[The clouds race by over-head]
And I fight to remain standing,
The signs of endless journeys
Show in my weakened stance
I wish for the ground to open
I have been around the world and back

I have re-lived every memory,
Re-dreamt every dream and felt every touch [again]

Still the clouds will race,
The wind will cut and soon I shall fall

The dust will form a mound that shall be my tomb
Never to be whetted by the tears of mourning
[Because I was lost long ago
In a colder world and lost you forever]

Still the clouds will race,
The wind will cut and soon I shall fall

[I believe that each man craves
The soul rejuvenation that, for centuries,
Authors and poets of the world have immortalised
Through the written and spoken word
I believe that each man wishes to harness
The power of the burning sun
And rejuvenate the soul that,
For many of us, lies dead
I too have travelled these paths
And found that most lead only to a bare world]


CANTO II (ARRIVAL, AND SUBMERGENCE)

I stood and watched,
But I could not believe
I was new to this beauty
Why had I been before?

The metallic glowing blue,
Provoked memories long dormant
And the deep red clouds
Flowed with the elegance of a queen

I was so far, yet the ambiance was so strong
And I could feel my soul trying
Trying to break free,
From this restricting mortal vest

Soon my spirit flies
Through the night sky
Unrestricted, free,
Like sand flowing through my fingers

Here I sense real peace,
Sinking into the clouds
I can forget the old world
And despair no more

Sunrise brought a new day
And I was drenched in my sun
Its warmth rejuvenated
My once withered soul

Here I sense real peace
Is this my Paradise?


AND THE WATERS WERE LIKE WINE

'But the soul becomes fond' she said
As another day lay down and died

'Is it not time' I said
'To abandon these chains
That bind us and gather together
The wood to fuel our fire?'

'Fear not' she said
'For as love itself seeks our nectar
So too will time grant you a reprieve'

Words that washed over me
As the waves lapped against me
And the waters of time wished
To envelope me and kiss my very soul


LONGING FOR EDEN'S RAIN (AND WINTER'S END)

[Beneath the very skies that]
I had, for so long, sought in vain
An arcane sun hid behind the
Clouds who were to be my salvation
'Nectar of the gods', you once said
Now it was their tears I craved,
To wash me of this all enveloping
And soul destroying aura...
'And love itself seeks our nectar?' I asked

'Only you can answer that' he said
['Why then do I feel as though I am
Standing before the court']
'And telling them I have kissed [Eternity]
When clearly by my withered face, I have not?'

But still I stand desolate,
The path of tears distinguished on my face
And it has not rained in so long
Does this winter have an end?


PROMISED (SO MANY YEARS HAVE PASSED)

In a pool of tears that are my own
I am sitting still crying,
So many years and still no sign
So many years I am waiting

You promised me you would wait for me
But now as the sun sets once more,
I am thinking that you have forgotten me

My eyes have seen and shed
The tears for a promise,
The promise you never kept

Hiç yorum yok: